Marketing your event is an important job. Why is this? The marketing is going to directly influence how many attendees you will have in the turn out. For those who put a lot of time and effort into planning events that serve a marketing purpose, the goal is to attract a large audience. With this being said, here are a few tips to help with the marketing aspects of your upcoming event.
- Always provide proof of what you say. For example, provide raving reviews from those who attended last year to showcase why someone should attend this event.
- Consider starting a blog to focus on the purpose of the event, understand what the goals of the event are and what you’re trying to accomplish or what social issue your event may be highlighting.
- If you have speakers at this event, highlight the work of the speaker to potential attendees. This will create more interest and get them to attend.
- Make sure you showcase what location you will be at. The location of your event can make all the difference. Luckily, with VenueTown, you can find the perfect location to hold your event with ease.
- Promote the unique aspects that make your event stand out. For example, do you have a renowned chef who will be catering this event? Perhaps you are offering complimentary books of the speaker at the end of attendance? These are things to highlight and promote.
- If you have sponsors for the event, be sure that you promote them as well. You never know when you could get attendees because they are fans of the sponsor!
- Create content that can be easily shared online and encourage people who are coming to the event or have been at the event in the past to share this. Give an initiative for people to share by pushing out rewards, prizes and lucky draws before or during the event.
- Consider utilizing ads on Facebook or LinkedIn. These are affordable and they can be a great way to reach your target demographic with just a small amount of preparation.
- Ensure that you are planning the event at least ten months prior to when this is being held. This way you can market the event for as long as you need, which is the recommended amount of time by professionals in the field.
- Ensure that all the promotional content you put out there for people to find is true. And ensure that you are portraying just how great this event is in your own words.
Marketing an upcoming event is not a simple process. You must work at this and put some time into it. However, this will pay off in the long run as you will have more attendees show up to your event!